Journey to the Cross: A 40-Day Lenten Devotional (eBook)
Also Available As:
Lent is a time in the yearly Christian calendar when we mourn our sin and let go of worldly things that keep our hearts from experiencing God more fully. But how do we reevaluate and recalibrate the values of our hearts to match those of our suffering Savior?
In this forty-day Lenten devotional, best-selling author Paul David Tripp invites us to set aside time from the busyness of our lives to focus on the suffering and sacrifice of Jesus. Each of the short readings encourages us to abide in the abundant joy found in Christ as we encounter the Savior more fully and follow him more faithfully during this Lenten season.
- eBook Bundle includes three (3) files: the .pdf file, the .epub file for iOS devices, and the .mobi file for Kindle devices.
- Immediately after purchase, you will receive an email confirmation link where you can access your digital product; you can manually transfer these eBook files to any devices you own.
- Printed page count: 240 pages.
- Published in 2021 by Crossway Books.
- Printed ISBN-13: 978-1-4335-6767-4
“This is all that we’ve come to expect and enjoy from Paul Tripp––a daily, fresh delivery of gospel comfort and hope. This will help us all to deepen our sense of appreciation and wonder at what Jesus has done for us.”
- Sam Allberry, speaker; author, Why Does God Care Who I Sleep With? and 7 Myths about Singleness
“Paul Tripp has once again led us past feel-good platitudes and into focused, Christward reflection. Through tension and tenderness, lament and thanksgiving, the Lenten season will transform us when it leads us to the cross of Christ.”
- Ruth Chou Simons, Founder, GraceLaced Co.; author, GraceLaced and Beholding and Becoming; coauthor, Foundations
“Like so many others, I have benefited richly, and for years, from the ministry and writing of Paul Tripp. This latest work is no exception. Journey to the Cross is a precious reminder—one worth returning to again and again—of not only the rich benefits we receive through Christ’s humiliation, death, and burial, but also of his dignifying invitation to properly lament the wrong that is in the world and the wrong that is within us. The season of Lent is a special, forty-day season to enable and empower God’s people to do just that, and Tripp has provided us with a remarkable roadmap for the journey. I can’t recommend this wonderful resource highly enough.”
- Scott Sauls, Senior Pastor, Christ Presbyterian Church, Nashville, Tennessee; author, Jesus Outside the Lines and A Gentle Answer
“I can’t imagine volunteering to take a journey toward a place of gruesome execution. Who would? But that is the kind of passage that Lent asks of us every year: a journey of evaluation, examination, and blessed humiliation that leads to new life and increased joy. So, if we must traverse this path, then I don’t know anyone whom I’d rather have as my tour guide than my brother, Paul Tripp. Through his decades of soul care, his transparent faith, and his deep love of God and his word, you’ll find yourself learning to stop, to listen, and ultimately to worship the one who walked this path before you.”
- Elyse Fitzpatrick, coauthor, Worthy: Celebrating the Value of Women
“Journey to the Cross encourages us to be honest about our sin and embrace the cross of Christ, where we find mercy, grace, and salvation. As we linger on our need for a Savior, we’re prompted to rejoice again in the hope that we have in Jesus. I look forward to reading this beautiful devotional by Paul Trip in every Lenten season.”
- Hunter Beless, Founder and Executive Director, Journeywomen podcast
“This book understood me so well and convicted me so much I almost had to stop reading after day nine! Paul Tripp powerfully brings many truths home in this journey of reflections on God’s love at the cross. Perhaps the most relevant is the desperately needed good news that there is a godly appropriateness in mourning for a broken world and for our own broken and sinful hearts. We can mourn in earnest because God has compassion. We can mourn with confident hope because Christ works in our mourning to grow us into the joy of victory over sin.”
- J. Alasdair Groves, Executive Director, Christian Counseling & Educational Foundation; coauthor, Untangling Emotions
“The greatest feasts are anticipated, and accentuated, by preceding fasts. Advent waits for Christmas, and when it comes, it is all the sweeter. And Lent—the long, winding, forty-day wilderness journey through the valley of the shadow of death—prepares our souls for the highest joys of the year, marking the greatest day in the history of the world so far: resurrection Sunday. For years both my wife and I have been guided, strengthened, and renewed by the ministry of Paul Tripp, as an instrument in God’s redeeming hands. It’s both encouraging and sobering now to have this help from Tripp for the bittersweet trek along the path of Lent.”
- David Mathis, Senior Teacher and Executive Editor, desiringGod.org; Pastor, Cities Church, Saint Paul, Minnesota; author, Habits of Grace
“It’s incredible. Time and time again, Paul Tripp’s insightful reflections on Scripture help bring God’s truth into the here and now of daily life. Tripp brilliantly and gracefully illuminates why the Lenten season is so important as it points us to the greatest act of love in all of history. Journey to the Cross is Paul Tripp’s writing at its absolute best—I loved this book and you will too.”
- Shelby Abbott, author, DoubtLess and Pressure Points; speaker; campus minister
Have A Question?
Paul Tripp Ministries wants to help you make the most out of this resource! If you have any questions about how to best use it, email Store@PaulTripp.com