War of Words: Getting to the Heart of Your Communication Struggles (eBook)
Also Available As:
"Talk" seems so normal, so ordinary, so harmless. Yet there are few things we do that are more important. And underneath the normality of it all is a great struggle, a war of words that we fight every day.
Who hasn't been hurt by the words of another? Who hasn't regretted something they said? Who hasn't had to referee an argument? Who hasn't wanted to talk seriously with a loved one, yet there seems to be no time?
Recognizing that words are powerful, Paul Tripp shows us how the gospel transforms the way we communicate. Our Lord Jesus Christ, the Word is the only hope for our words. In our war of words, he is the one who gives us the victory. Tripp directs us to a renewed reliance on our heavenly Father's abundant grace and a more Christ-honoring, people-benefiting life of talk.
- eBook Bundle includes two (2) files: the .epub file for iOS devices and the .mobi file for Kindle devices. Please note: this bundle DOES NOT INCLUDE a .pdf file.
- Immediately after purchase, you will receive an email confirmation link where you can access your digital product; you can manually transfer these eBook files to any devices you own.
- Printed page count: 256 pages.
- Published in 2000 by P&R Publishing.
- Printed ISBN-13: 978-0-8755-2604-1
"War of Words is filled with searching and realistic and honest illustrations, coupled with large doses of biblical truth. You will be challenged, convicted, enlightened, and encouraged in this extremely important dimension of your relationship with God and with other people - a volume to which you will turn again and again."
Wayne Mack, author; founder, Wayne Mack Ministries
"Until our hearts are completely purified by God in heaven, we must set strong guards at the gates of our mouths and fight daily battles to restrain the overflow of our sinful desires. I have never before read such helpful insights and practical tools for this battle. I enthusiastically recommend War of Words."
- Ken Sande, President, Peacemaker Ministries
"An important and biblical book about our words and our God. Few of us really think about the power, the blessing, the gift, the effect, and the danger of our words. This book will make you think before you speak. Best of all, it will make you think of Him before you speak. Read it. You'll be glad."
- Steve Brown, Broadcaster, KeyLife Radio
Have A Question?
Paul Tripp Ministries wants to help you make the most out of this resource! If you have any questions about how to best use it, email Store@PaulTripp.com