Age Of Opportunity [Revised and Updated]: A Biblical Guide to Parenting Teens (eBook)
Also Available As:
The teenage years often present difficulty for parents. As a person passes from childhood into adulthood, the transition can be tumultuous. But we should be shocked and saddened by the cultural cynicism toward these years. They are viewed as a chaotic period to be survived. Teenagers are portrayed as objects that need to be controlled and restrained. This view is wholly unbiblical.
In his revised and updated 25th anniversary edition of Age of Opportunity, Paul David Tripp reveals what Scripture has to say about parenting. Instead of trying to control behavior, God gives us the opportunity to expose our child's heart. You don't have to fear this stage of life. Age of Opportunity will give you biblical wisdom and goals for walking alongside your child.
This revised and updated edition features fresh, heart-focused discussion questions for each chapter as well as a bonus "Ask Paul Tripp About Parenting Teens" Q&A chapter.
Discover the exciting possibilities about parenting your teens!
- .ePub eBook file, compatible with all iOS, Kindle, and other eReader devices. Please note: this IS NOT a .pdf file.
- Immediately after purchase, you will receive an email confirmation link where you can access your digital product; you can manually transfer this eBook file to any device you own.
- Printed page count: 256 pages.
- Published in 2022 by P&R Publishing.
- Printed ISBN-13: 978-1-6299-5893-4
"Lauren and I first read Age of Opportunity almost fifteen years ago, and it served as a foundation for how we have tried to parent. Through the peaks and valleys of raising our three kids, we came back to this resource several times. I couldn’t be more excited about this revised and expanded version."
- Matt Chandler, Lead Pastor, The Village Church, Flower Mound, Texas; President, Acts 29 Network; Coauthor, Family Discipleship: Leading Your Home through Time, Moments, and Milestones
"Age of Opportunity avoids a formulaic how-to approach to rearing children and instead shows how to apply the gospel to the unique spiritual struggles of your child’s heart. . . . Though I have read dozens of parenting books, two or three have profoundly reshaped my whole approach. Age of Opportunity is one of those."
- J.D. Greear, Pastor, The Summit Church, Raleigh, North Carolina
"We need this fundamentally hopeful book about parenting teens. The hope in this book is not grounded in practical helps—although Tripp offers many. The hope in this book is not distant from the battles; it shines in the dark. The hope is grounded in the God who sent his Son to save us. Parents of teens, take up and read—and hope!"
- Kathleen Nielson, Author, Prayers of a Parent Series; Speaker
"Age of Opportunity is a marvel. It brims with fresh, rich, honest truth. Tripp will get you looking in the mirror before you go looking at your teen. He'll get you seeking-and finding-your own Father's help."
- David Powlison, counselor, Christian Counseling and Educational Foundation (CCEF); editor, Journal of Biblical Counseling.
"Age of Opportunity is a wealth of biblical wisdom and a treasure of practical steps for understanding and shepherding your teen's heart."
Ted Tripp, author, Shepherding a Child's Heart
"Paul David Tripp transforms the paradigm for parenting teenagers from one of fear and low expectations to one of hope and meaning. Parents often forget the character of God and the power of the gospel and consequently view the teenage years as a season to be survived and endured. Although raising teens has its unique challenges, Tripp reveals how remembering who Jesus is and believing in the gospel enables us to embrace this time as a hopeful, constructive opportunity with our kids. This is a game-changing book for parents of teens."
- Cameron Cole, Founder, Rooted; Author, Therefore I Have Hope: 12 Truths That Comfort, Sustain, and Redeem in Tragedy; Coeditor, Gospel-Centered Youth Ministry: A Practical Guide
"This is a heartbreaking time for teens: suicide, depression, anxiety, FOMO, the transgender movement, isolation, and hopelessness are rife, making these difficult years even harder. This makes me that much more thankful for Paul Tripp’s work in Age of Opportunity. In the wide world of books about parenting, there are only a few that don’t push a doomed prosperity gospel (“Do it our way and your kids will be great!”); Paul’s updated classic work offers the one hope for parents and teens: the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus. I’m eternally thankful for Paul and his heart to guide and encourage parents."
- Elyse Fitzpatrick, Author, Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus
"Far too many parents enter their kids’ teenage years with fear and cynicism, hoping merely to survive. But what if you viewed parenting not as a season to survive but as a golden age of opportunity? Every parent of a teen should read Paul Tripp’s book. It will transform your perspective on parenting."
-Deepak Reju, Pastor of Biblical Counseling and Family Ministry, Capitol Hill Baptist Church, Washington, DC; Author, Rescue Plan: Charting a Course to Restore Prisoners of Pornography and Preparing for Fatherhood
Have A Question?
Paul Tripp Ministries wants to help you make the most out of this resource! If you have any questions about how to best use it, email Store@PaulTripp.com