My Heart Cries Out: Gospel Meditations for Everyday Life (eBook)
Also Available As:
You communicate with God all the time. Sometimes those conversations are vocal; other times they are silent. Sometimes they are cries of pain; other times they are hymns of joy. In this unique devotional, Paul David Tripp encourages you to communicate honestly with God through 121 poetic meditations splashed across pages of stunning photography. Paired with Bible verses to memorize and reflection questions to consider, this book will inspire your devotional readings.
- eBook Bundle includes three (3) files: the .pdf file, the .epub file for iOS devices, and the .mobi file for Kindle devices.
- Immediately after purchase, you will receive an email confirmation link where you can access your digital product; you can manually transfer these eBook files to any devices you own.
- Printed page count: 256 pages.
- Published in 2016 by Crossway Books.
- Printed ISBN-13: 978-1-4335-5681-4
"Poetry is the expression of the heart and mind of a person. When that person reflects on the person and work of Jesus the expression is hopeful and redemptive. As an artist who uses words to express, I found joy in reading this work. This work connects with the human condition in a unique and awesome way."
Lecrae, hip-hop recording artist
"Paul Tripp has been delivering soul reaching wisdom and timeless encouragement centered around the Gospel and Grace of Jesus, from which I have greatly benefited. In this current collection of meditations he artfully paints pictures with his words that resonate deep into our souls as he walks with us through the pain and the struggles of this world while helping us see the glory of God’s Grace."
- TobyMac, hip-hop recording artist
"As with a timeless hymn lyric Paul has the great ability to grasp the vast riches of biblical truth and distill it for us in creative, compelling and wonderfully practical ways. His writing has regularly shaped how we think as individuals, parents and song-writers. - Keith & Kristyn Getty"
- Keith & Kristyn Getty, modern hymn writers, including In Christ Alone
"As I read these meditations, I couldn't help but wonder if these were the types of prayers the Holy Spirit speaks on our behalf when our groans are too deep for words. My Heart Cries Out is a beautiful, honest, and grace-filled collection of reflections from a heart that has been near to the Lord for many years. Your heart will cry out indeed; cry out for joy and thanksgiving as you read the pages of this wonderful book."
- Trillia Newbell, author, Sacred Endurance, If God Is For Us, and God's Very Good Idea
“Art and poetry allow truth to enter the mind through the imagination where intellect often builds a wall of resistance. In this relatable anthology, Paul Tripp explores the tension between the ‘already’ and the ‘not yet’ in such a way that comforts the conscience and highlights the sweetness of God’s forgiveness. In each meditation, you will find yourself. In each meditation, you will find Christ.”
- Flame, Grammy-nominated recording artist
“This book is theologically rich, biblically faithful, and devotionally nourishing for the soul. My heart was stirred, and my love for the Savior inflamed! Read and be blessed. Read and worship.”
- Daniel L. Akin, President, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary
“As a sage with scars, Paul Tripp offers us contemplation, transparency, beauty, and verse spoken straight from his soul. But the impact of this book surfaces not in the scope of Tripp’s gifts or weakness but in the page-by-page celebration of God’s unrelenting grace. If you’re looking for a daily, creative, and soul-nourishing drip of gospel truth, feast upon the pages of this book!”
- Dave Harvey, eaching Pastor, Summit Church, Fort Myers, Florida; author, When Sinners Say “I Do” and Letting Go
“One of Paul Tripp’s great gifts to us is his ability to communicate profound truths in ways that are not only clear and searching, but also beautiful. With this collection of poems and meditations, he leans in to that gift to give us something that is, on the one hand, completely new, and on the other, familiar in its wisdom, insight, and honesty.”
- Russ Ramsey, Pastor, Christ Presbyterian Church, Nashville, Tennessee; author, Retelling the Story series
“So often these days, Christianity is presented solely as an intellectual enterprise, a faith that speaks only to the mind. But the Christian faith is so much more. God wants more than your thought life; he wants your emotional life too. He wants and demands all of your life. That is why Paul Tripp’s My Heart Cries Out is such a needed project for today. Not only are the words in this book beautiful, they are beautifully honest. In My Heart Cries Out, Tripp will help you think, feel, and live out your love for God.”
- Thomas J. Terry, Director, Humble Beast; member, Beautiful Eulogy; Lead Pastor, Trinity Church of Portland
Have A Question?
Paul Tripp Ministries wants to help you make the most out of this resource! If you have any questions about how to best use it, email Store@PaulTripp.com