Reactivity: How the Gospel Transforms Our Actions and Reactions (eBook)
Also Available As:
Digital media and technology are altering the way people act—and react—toward each other. Criticism, outrage, and controversy dominate social engagement and unfortunately many Christians have joined in the chaos. It’s a troubling contrast to Jesus’s words in John 13:35: “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Award-winning author Paul David Tripp instructs believers to view digital media and technology through the lens of the gospel and points them toward a biblical framework for communication. Explaining how God wants the church to engage with culture and each other, Tripp encourages Christians to think wisely about their interactions and be a beacon of light in an age of toxicity.
Trailer Coming Soon...
- This eBook product includes two (2) files: the .pdf file, and the .epub file for iOS devices and other eReaders.
- Immediately after purchase, you will receive an email confirmation link where you can access your digital product; you can manually transfer these eBook files to any devices you own.
- Printed page count: 176 pages.
- Published in 2022 by Crossway Books.
- Printed ISBN-13: 978-1-4335-8266-0
“The gospel of Jesus Christ is meant not only to deliver our souls to heaven but also to transform our behavior on earth. And, deeper still, it is meant to transform our desires, our attitudes, and our instincts. It is even meant to transform our reactions and responses to those who oppose us, disagree with us, or sin against us. In this timely book, Paul Tripp calls us to react to the chaos around us in a distinctly Christian way that counters the toxicity that exists deep within our hearts and deep within our culture. If we would heed his call, the world would be blessed, the church would be strengthened, and the Savior would be glorified.”
- Tim Challies, author, Seasons of Sorrow: The Pain of Loss and the Comfort of God
“Reactivity offers a rich gospel perspective for navigating relationships with Christlikeness. The practical applications paint a hopeful picture of what could be if we let God’s word transform us. A must-read for anyone engaging with others online!”
- Ruth Chou Simons, Wall Street Journal bestselling author; artist; Founder, GraceLaced Co.
“In this helpful and timely volume, Paul provides us with a much-needed blueprint for the use of technology that not only avoids sin but also advances truth, beauty, goodness, and love in an otherwise hostile space. I can’t recommend Reactivity highly enough.”
- Scott Sauls, Senior Pastor, Christ Presbyterian Church; author, Jesus Outside the Lines and Beautiful People Don't Just Happen
“Every day we find ourselves walking through a minefield of online rage. But now our friend Paul Tripp helps us turn from that ‘culture of toxic reactivity’ toward a community of life-giving response to Jesus. What could be more attractive—or urgently needed?”
- Ray Ortlund, President, Renewal Ministries
“Paul David Tripp says that logging off Twitter won’t get you away from angry reactivity. The polarizing way we communicate has seeped from social media into our families, our communities, and our churches. With wisdom and grace, Tripp lays a path from frustrated reactivity to gospel-centered communication. While this book would benefit anyone, I’d especially recommend it to any Christian leader on social media.”
- Sarah Eekhoff Zylstra, Senior Writer and Faith-and-Work Editor, The Gospel Coalition
Have A Question?
Paul Tripp Ministries wants to help you make the most out of this resource! If you have any questions about how to best use it, email Store@PaulTripp.com