Sunday Matters: 52 Devotionals to Prepare Your Heart for Church (eBook)
Also Available As:
Christians understand the importance of attending church, but many find their attention being pulled away from worship because of family, schedule, work, finances, and other distractions. With so much on their minds, how can churchgoers prepare their hearts to offer God the worship he deserves?
In Sunday Matters, Paul David Tripp shares 52 devotions about the beauty and significance of church, helping Christians engage in vibrant gathered worship each week. Each short, accessible meditation highlights an essential spiritual topic, including divine grace, gratitude, our identity in Christ, and dependence on the Lord. Over the course of a year, Sunday Matters will strengthen each believer’s personal relationship with God and fill churches with joyful, engaged, and passionate worshipers.
- This eBook product includes two (2) files: the .pdf file, and the .epub file for iOS devices and other eReaders.
- Immediately after purchase, you will receive an email confirmation link where you can access your digital product; you can manually transfer these eBook files to any devices you own.
- Printed page count: 288 pages.
- Published in 2023 by Crossway Books.
- Printed ISBN-13: 978-1-4335-8282-0
“The Lord has called the whole family of God to come and sing together to him. This book will help tune our hearts to do that!”
- Keith and Kristyn Getty, hymn writers, In Christ Alone
“Sunday Matters is a book that matters. In this brilliant new devotional, Paul Tripp encourages us not to give up the habit of meeting together—reminding us just how profound a gift our corporate worship can be. In recent times many around the world had the blessing of the gathered church temporarily taken away. As we bounced back, we remembered once again that we are better together, and we treasured the unparalleled dynamic of the living God dwelling among his people. We were never made to go ‘lone ranger’—that’s not how the kingdom of God works—and this book is a beautiful and timely reminder of that. Tripp is an inspiring writer, and each of these fifty-two chapters will lead you deeper into the glory of the gathered church.”
- Matt Redman, worship leader; songwriter, 10,000 Reasons (Bless The Lord)
“Each act of corporate worship serves to help God’s people rehearse and remember the goodness of the gospel. From the call to worship to the benediction, we need a greater understanding of what we are doing when we gather and why we do it. Sunday Matters has helped me see with fresh eyes the beauty and wonder of corporate worship, and I pray it does the same for you.”
- Matt Boswell, hymn writer; Pastor, The Trails Church, Celina, Texas; Assistant Professor of Church Music and Worship, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
“Getting myself and our three young sons out the door to church was pure chaos at times. Tears and yelling were often involved, from me more than them. Paul David Tripp helps every single one of us remember why going to church matters and how to prepare our hearts to worship and encounter Jesus there each week. I wish I had this book years ago! This is a gift for you and your whole family.”
- Ann Wilson, Cohost, FamilyLife Today; author, Vertical Marriage and No Perfect Parents
Have A Question?
Paul Tripp Ministries wants to help you make the most out of this resource! If you have any questions about how to best use it, email Store@PaulTripp.com